In honor of National Avocado Day, we are sharing a recipe from our 12-week Breast Surgery Recovery Program. If you love avocado as much as we do, we think you’ll want to add this recipe to your go-to list! It’s so easy, healthy and packed with nutrition that is great any time and especially during the critical recovery period.
Sweet Avocado Vegan Wrap
- 1 cup finely chopped kale (or spinach)
- 2 cups of Mango cut into cubes (~2 mangos cut up)
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 1 sliced avocado
- In a small bowl, toss together the ingredients except the hummus and tortillas and season with a dash of salt and pepper if you like.
- Spread the tortillas with hummus and top with salad mixture and add the sliced avocados evenly among the 4 tortillas.
- If you prefer, you can add diced cooked chicken or turkey for more protein.
- Roll the wrap and enjoy!
|Total: 4 servings||Per One Serving|
Each week during the Chrysalis program you will have access to meal and snack suggestions as well as recipes designed and approved by our team of Registered Dietitians. Keeping your body fueled with healthy foods is essential in a speedy recovery. Hydration is extremely important not only on a normal day but especially when your body is recovering from a surgery.
But you don’t have to try to figure this out alone. We have a team of professionals who have done the legwork for you. All you have to do is follow our plan and enjoy seeing progress with your recovery week after week.
For more information or to get started, click here.