Healthy Breakfast Lasagna
This delicous healthy breakfast recipe brings in veggies, protein, and the perfect amount of flavor!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms optional
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 yellow zucchinis thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4-6 oz cooked breakfast turkey sausage
- 2 tbsp almond milk You can use regular milk or 1/2 and 1/2 if you prefer
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- spray extra virgin olive oil for the pan
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a skillet with 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil for one minute and then add onions, mushrooms, and peppers. Sauté until cooked.
In a small baking dish, spray with olive oil for non-stick. Layer the sliced zucchini so it covers the bottom. Top with sautéed veggies, then layer with meat. Repeat layers until out of toppings.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and pour over ingredients in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
When the "lasagna" is nearing the end of cooking, scramble the eggs in a skillet and finally top the "lasagna" with the eggs and sliced avocado.